I'm new her and thought about posting my situation as I would need to relocate to Asia for work. The choice is mine. I'm having to choose between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
My consideration are as follows:
1. I'm an American. I am single, no family and no kids.
2. I have to wrap up my life in the US - what all do I need to do from that perspective.
3. Where should I move and why?
4. I would be working out of home office as I have to cover the region for work.
5. We are also looking to set up an office/register a company - where would that be more conducive?
6. What visa status would I need (apart from the 90 stay - visit pass) that I would get?
7. Can this company then give me a visa?
9. Would I be able to rent a place given that I'm there on this 90 day visit pass.
10. Cost of living. Of course I would want the most bang for my buck.
11. What paperwork would I need to rent a place?
12. I would like to have a major airport hub near me but it's not a huge consideration.
Thank you for all your help and pointers in advance.
Hi there, You've got a exciting decision to make. I would start by looking at the EA Singapore Guide and the EA Kuala Lumpur Guide. This will provide you with a solid overview for each destination.to get a good insight intoexpat life. Our guides cover everything from Cost of Living to Visa requirements.
It sounds like you are a bit of a digital nomad. If that is the case, would it possible to do a short stint in each place and see which one better suits your lifestyle?
In terms of wrapping up in the USA - there will be a lot to consider. Settling all your accounts, selling property, terminating your rental lease, etc. Do you plan on returning to the US at some stage?