I'm new her and thought about posting my situation as I would need to relocate to Asia for work. The choice is mine. I'm having to choose between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
My consideration are as follows:
1. I'm an American. I am single, no family and no kids.
2. I have to wrap up my life in the US - what all do I need to do from that perspective.
3. Where should I move and why?
4. I would be working out of home office as I have to cover the region for work.
5. We are also looking to set up an office/register a company - where would that be more conducive?
6. What visa status would I need (apart from the 90 stay - visit pass) that I would get?
7. Can this company then give me a visa?
9. Would I be able to rent a place given that I'm there on this 90 day visit pass.
10. Cost of living. Of course I would want the most bang for my buck.
11. What paperwork would I need to rent a place?
12. I would like to have a major airport hub near me but it's not a huge consideration.
Thank you for all your help and pointers in advance.
Hi there, You've got a exciting decision to make. I would start by looking at the EA Singapore Guide and the EA Kuala Lumpur Guide. This will provide you with a solid overview for each destination.to get a good insight intoexpat life. Our guides cover everything from Cost of Living to Visa requirements.
It sounds like you are a bit of a digital nomad. If that is the case, would it possible to do a short stint in each place and see which one better suits your lifestyle?
In terms of wrapping up in the USA - there will be a lot to consider. Settling all your accounts, selling property, terminating your rental lease, etc. Do you plan on returning to the US at some stage?
Expat Health Insurance
Cigna Global Health Insurance - 10% off any plans bought in November and December 2023
With Cigna, you won't have to rely on foreign public health care systems, which may not meet your needs. Cigna allows you to speak to a doctor on demand, for consultations or instant advice, wherever you are in the world. They also offer full cancer care across all levels of cover, and settle the cost of treatments directly with the provider. Cigna is currently offering a 10% discount for seniors (over 60) on their Silver package.
International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.
Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.