on 14 Mar 2016
After recently graduating from MBA studies, I'm looking for a sea change and am currently searching for that right opportunity. Singapore has long been a place I would love to relocate, after visiting numerous times the energy and buzz created by the city has drawn me in. I have in excess of 10 years experience in property and project management (numerous commercial roles) and in addition to my MBA I have successfully graduated from MPV (Master of Property Valuation) and MaPV (Master of Applied Project Management). I've contacted a select number of recruitment companies in Singapore to which none have replied or even acknowledged receipt of contact. Based on this experience I'm wondering if there is a better angle to infiltrate the job market. Being an expat and understanding the processes involved in finding talent, I'm hoping some experiences will be shared, ultimately pointing me in the right direction. Thank you for reading this post and your timely feedback.
Anonymous (not verified) on 18 Mar 2016 - 09:19
Hi Matt

Do you have any connections in Singapore? Have you done business there in the past? Often speaking with those you've previously worked with can help alert you to job opportunities in a place you are somewhat unfamilar with.

To get some insight into business etiquette in Singapore I would suggest taking a look at this Doing Business in Singapore page. 

Anonymous (not verified) on 31 May 2016 - 08:53
I would like to move with my children to Singapore if my offer is less than 5000 what is the best way to take me with there are school going. I have corporate governance ICSA. I have been looking at the Accounting jobs and they offer less. Thank you for your help in advance. Tracey

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell