Posted by Tuyen Tran
on 20 Oct 2017

Can anyone please help me work out how much I take home after tax for gross salary of 121,970 Thai Baht? I have 3 dependants: spouse and 2 kids (3 year old and 4 months). I was informed that tax would be 15-20%, but they can't give me the correct figure.

Also, how much is average rent for a fully furnished 2 bedrooms house/ apartment?

Thank you in advance.

Hannah
EmmaL on 23 Oct 2017 - 08:27
Hi Hannah

While you probably won't know exactly how much you'll get out after your first paycheck, you can get an estimate using the tax calculators on MuangThai or TigerThailand

Rent will depend on your location. You can have a look at our guide on cost of living in Thailand for a general idea of the accommodation costs. Where in Thailand will you be living?

Hope this helps,

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue