I will be moving to Beijing in August to teach for 2 years. I am having a very hard time finding an airline that will transport my big dog (90-100#). I want to go from the US to Guangzhou (or any other airport) so as to avoid the quarantine imposed in Beijing. I got a quote from a pet relocation company - $9500 USD. Now that is really, really steep. I just can't do it. I don't want to put her in quarantine, because she doesn't eat when I'm not around. I know she needs to go on a diet, but she would be just skin and bones, if she lived at all. Does anyone know of a way I can do this. I just don't have this much money. I am afraid I will have to let my boss know that I cannot take the job. Thanks for any help!
Anonymous (not verified) on 25 Jun 2015 - 02:45
Hi Emil, I hope you have either moved your dog, or made a decision. Assuming you have not, from what I read in other sites, you HAVE to send the dog into quarantine. Also, due to your dog size, you can only live outside the 4th Ring area, which I assume will be Shunyi - which is an hour away from the city and predominantly villas. This is what I gather from what I read from other forums. I am not in Beijing yet, also reading up to make my way there by next year.

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue