Expert Info

Posted by
on 13 Oct 2011
What visa do I need to teach English in Russia - a business visa or a work visa? Can the school I find work with apply for a letter of sponsorship?
Anonymous (not verified) on 13 Oct 2011 - 13:42
You need a work visa and a work permit to teach English legally in Russia. The work visa is the document you apply for at the Russian embassy/consulate in your home country, and this gives you the right to legally enter Russia for work. The work permit, a plastic card that you get when you arrive in Russia and pass the medical test, give you the right to work while in Russia.

Most language schools that hire expats are authorised to apply for work permits on the behalf of foreigners, and can grant them a letter of sponsorship that they can then use to apply for the appropriate work visa.
Anonymous (not verified) on 5 Nov 2011 - 02:59
is it possible to apply for a visa first and look for job after i arrived in russia? or how can i open my own small language school?

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global Health Insurance.

Medical insurance specifically designed for expats. With Cigna, you won't have to rely on foreign public health care systems, which may not meet your needs. Cigna allows you to speak to a doctor on demand, for consultations or instant advice, wherever you are in the world. They also offer full cancer care across all levels of cover, and settle the cost of treatments directly with the provider.

Get a quote from Cigna Global - 20% off

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo logo

International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes from select removal companies now!