Posted by rwboatwright
on 5 Dec 2017

I am traveling to Italy as a tourist for a 90 day stay. During this stay can I apply for a long stay visa and if so how do I begin this process?

rwboatwright on 5 Dec 2017 - 14:51
My apologies, I was not very clear. I wanted to apply for an elective residence visa whilst in Italy on a 90 tourist visa. It would make sense to apply for an elective residence visa whilst in Italy. Sincerely, Robert
EmmaL on 5 Dec 2017 - 06:57
Hi rwboatwright

Read our guide to visas in Italy. A long-stay visa depends largely on what you're going to while you're in Italy. Are you planning on working in Italy? If you are, you'll need a work permit as well.

Hope this helps!
EmmaL on 6 Dec 2017 - 06:59
Hi Robert

It should be possible to apply when you're in Italy, but it's always best to check with official immigration officers. Try the website for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Where are you based now?

Anonymous (not verified) on 28 Jan 2018 - 09:27
I want apply working visa in italy how can i do
Anonymous (not verified) on 24 Jan 2018 - 19:46
I am working in a hotel in Saudi Arabia, and I am very excited to work in Italy because the people of Italy and the country are very beautiful. I hope you will definitely help me thanks.
Anonymous (not verified) on 4 Feb 2018 - 19:06
Hi, i'm an englih speaking lawyer. I can help you.